Mon, Apr 23|
Breather Space - 4th Floor, Suite 428
April 23: Increase Your Influence and Trust through Positive Communication
Positive Words Cultivate Positive Action: One of the most powerful ways to improve relationships is to be a more positive communicator. Positive communication is contagious and brings out the best in yourself & in those around you. When you use positive communication, people are more likely...
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2018, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Breather Space - 4th Floor, Suite 428, 3575 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2X 2T6, Canada
About the Experience!
Register today and get entered into the contest.
"As a result of taking this class, I feel more confident and knowledgeable about the relationship I have with myself, I feel more confident and knowledgeable about relationships I have with others, I feel like I am able to assess situations with more clarity and maturity, I envision the world in a more positive manner, I am happier and accepting of myself and others, and I feel like I can do better what I love the most to do in the world – help others." - Christopher Stanford
**Ticket prices include taxes.
Positive Words Cultivate Positive Action
One of the most powerful ways to improve relationships is to simply be a more positive communicator. Positive communication is contagious and brings out the best in yourself and in those around you. When you use positive communication, people are more likely to listen to you, the conversation goes better, and the results can be transforming: increased influence, trust and confidence!
Positive communication multiplies the connection we have with others. We have the ability to transform negative to positive... using our words, thoughts, and body language. And this transformation can positively change our world.
"When we spoke about positive wording, I realized how big of an impact one word or phrase can make in a conversation. Since then, I’ve tried to really focus on speaking in a positive way, so instead of answering a “how’s it going?” with “not bad”, I’ve been saying “great!” or “pretty good.” I’ve actually found that it does make a difference, not just in terms of the interaction, but in terms of how I feel when I word my answer positively." - Yael Faitelis
Results of Using Positive Communication
When you use positive thoughts, positive words, and positive body language you can help reduce conflict, improve communication, reduce defensiveness in others and come across as credible, respectable, and influencial.
Join me for this engaging and inspiring workshop to help you assess your communication tendencies, and learn ways to increase your influence and trust factor - and this helps you impact the world in new and unexpected ways.
** Substitutions are welcome, if you can not attend on April 23, 2018.**
By the end of this 1-day workshop, you will be able to:
- Define and recognize positive communication.
- Self-Assess your communication style: thoughts, words, and body language.
- List your personal benefits of using positive communication on a daily basis.
- Use positive communication to improve your relationships and increase your influence and trust.
- Use constructive, positive and engaging language in your relationships
- Use body language and energised presence to support positive language.
- Plan to use the communication framework to cultivate positive action and transform your world.
- Connect with others who share your passion for creating positive outcomes.
"Positive thinking and happiness in the present moment will help me and others to be more successful, optimistic, engaged and motivated. Positive communication and creating a positive environment helps people to flourish, be brighter and more productive." - S.K. a transformed participant
- What is positive communication?
- If you can positively influence others, what would you say or do?
- Why is positive communication important?
- What are the benefits of positive communication?
- How can positive communication transform how you feel about yourself?
- How can positive communication transform your relationships?
- Where do you need to create awareness?
- What are the key milestones in the learning journey?
- What is the legacy that you want to leave behind?
Who is the workshop for?
Becoming aware of, learning about and using positive communication is important for everyone! This workshop is of specific interest to:
- Educators, Trainers, Facilitators
- Team Leaders, Supervisors
- Managers, Leaders, Executives
- Team members and individual contributors who need to build relationships
- Whole teams who want to multiply their performance
"Sonia is an excellent instructor who embodies the principles of the lessons she has developed and delivers throughout her courses. She is passionate, fun and creates a warm environment that makes learning positively contagious." - Dominique Robertson, participant
"As a business partner I found her results focused, committed to achieve, and responsive to our needs. As a participant in her class, I found her inspirational, motivating, and world class." Fiona Kirkham L&D Manager: Quality and Standards at Emirates Airline
About the Workshop Facilitator
Sonia Di Maulo, M.A., C.R.P., helps organizations thrive by bringing people together and fostering connection. As a Global Leadership Innovator, she specializes in using positive communication and education strategies to impact people, places and communities. She is an award-winning author of her Ken Blanchard-endorsed book, The Apple in the Orchard, a story about finding the courage to emerge as a leader.
Sonia is a recognized performance improvement professional with 20 years experience helping organizations, schools, and community organizations analyze, design, develop, deliver and evaluate interventions that boost employee and management performance, enhance the customer experience, and impact organizational effectiveness.
"Based on her book, The Apple in the Orchard, Sonia delivered an engaging PechKucha presentation at 2015 THE Performance Improvement Conference. During the 6 minutes and 40 seconds, the compelling story illustrates the cycle of leader development and challenges leaders, seasoned or first-time, to reflect on the awareness of self, environment, people, and relationships connecting altogether. Sonia inspires the audience to be courageous and to embrace opportunities for growth and learning." - Kim Fong (Jason) Lei, PhD